Arts Action Fund
The Arts Action Fund is the first of its kind in Houston and exists as a catalyst for closing arts access gaps in schools.
The Arts Action Fund invests a total of $250,000 annually in arts education programs across Houston ISD to ensure students have access to meaningful arts opportunities as part of their complete education. The Fund’s goal is to unlock potential for new investments by fiscally supporting high-quality, effective partnerships between Arts and Culture Partners and any HISD school. The Fund prioritizes serving underfunded campuses in with reduced access to the arts.
Through the Arts Action Fund, Arts Connect provides capacity building opportunities to expand knowledge and understanding of how the arts impact student engagement and well-being.
2022 - 2023 ARTS ACTION FUND
The Arts Action Fund is focused on:
1. Seed Funding - The main goal of a Seed Grant is to ensure the support of partnership development to increase access for students to experience the arts at their school. For some partnerships, this may start a relationship. For others, the grant will seed a continued relationship.
Seed Funding grants can be up to $3,500; per organization for Collaborative grants
2. Learning, Innovation and Action (LIA) - The main goal of the LIA Grant is to invest deeply in expanding already existing partnerships between organizations and a Houston ISD school. This funding, grounded in an established relationship, allows space to explore an innovative idea that is responsive to campus’ needs. All parties must be invested in the overall concept and how it deepens arts education impact for students.
Learning, Innovation and Action grant can range from $5,000 - $10,000; up to $15,000 for Collaborative grants
** Opens August 1st, 2022 **
Round 1 - Learning, Innovation and Action
LIA applications are due on September 2nd, 2022.
Applicants will be notified of grants status by September 27th, 2022.
** Opens August 1st, 2022 **
Round 2 - Seed Funding
Seed Funding applications are due on October 14th, 2022.
Applicants will be notified of grants status by November 8th, 2022.
Applications to the Arts Action Fund MUST be submitted by one of our Arts and Culture Partners.
All Arts Action Fund reporting is due by June 9th, 2023.
Houston ISD Schools:
Interested in applying to the Arts Action Fund?
Connect directly with an Arts and Culture Partner by:
1. Exploring our Arts and Culture Partner Page here!
2. Then head to artlook® to learn more and gather contact information!
3. Last, attend our Open House! RSVP link coming soon!
Not sure if the Arts Action Fund is for your campus?
Learn more here.
Have questions about the Arts Action Fund?
Submit them below for a response with 48 business hours.
ARTS ACTION FUND OVERVIEW
In-depth overview of the
2022-23 Arts Action Fund.
2021-22 Arts Action
All 2021-22 Arts Action Fund grants are public.